Orenji8 Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

In Full Bloom...

Buoyed by good feedback from a recent interview (crossing my fingers that this ends my summer vacation), I went on a shopping spree. I unleashed my shopping fury in Anthropologie. I find their clothing and housewares hard to resist. I love bright colors and the retro look, which seems to be their design now. Here are a two of my purchases. I won't reveal how many items I bought.


Adorable green apple apron. Just call me Mrs. Cleaver!





Cute raspberry colored apple oven mitts.
The mitts match, it's just a different design on each side of the mitt.


I just realize now (reviewing the photos) that the mitts and the apron match. It's the same pattern, just in different colors! I'll just make believe I knew this and planned it that way! Yeah!

I realized yesterday that the seeds I planted in mid July have really grown.


Here is the lavender window planter (my fabulous sister gave me) filled with Phlox, Sweet Pea and Alyssum. I was looking at the window yesterday morning and realized the Phlox had bloomed!

The Basil seeds I bought from a Crate and Barrel "grow it yourself" kit have filled in nicely too. I can't wait to cook pasta with it. And for those of you with good eyes, yes that is the "the grass is always greener... on the other side" pot. I figured I would re-use it, since I killed the grass that originally lived there.

No comments: