I started my new job at "Hello Bank," this week. So, my extended summer vacation has ended. No more rolling out of bed to make myself lunch in my PJs, when the only important event was what to make for dinner. Nope, now I'm supposed to be corporate and smart, and on the ball. Strangely enough, the corporate version of me wears a lot of black. If you know me, that's strange, considering I only have 1 black sweater (that was a gift) and 2 black pants; everything else is in fruit colors. Also, the corporate me walks bow legged, since I can't get used to heels, and I have to carry my laptop every day.
There are many, many perks to working at a big corporation, which I never did before. I got to sit in a 1.5 hour orientation, watching bewildering HR videos, trying not to laugh out loud. "Lisa hasn't seen Peggy in years. Peggy is bragging about her job and looking so smart. Lisa is peeved. She is the smart one. And to prove that to Peggy, she starts talking about the product that hasn't launched yet. WAIT! She's violating sharing company secrets... DUN-DUN-DUN!" I also got thrown into the deep end of the work pool and got inundated with projects on my first day! I found myself staying past 7 every day. Bleh! Interestingly enough though, I have been eagerly anticipated (they probably knew I would be a work horse). And some have told me my group is the buzz group of the moment, lucky me! Another bright note, I can finally understand the financial jargon hubby uses. He has always worked at big banks. Now we're just two nerdy bank workers. "Do you need change for that?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment