The buffet area in the Wynn. I felt like we were in a huge eccentric greenhouse. Then again, most Vegas interior decorations were over the top to say the least. I live by the buffet rule: no fillers (salads, pasta), only eat the moneymakers (beef, seafood, desserts). By the end of the trip, I couldn't fit into my jeans anymore.
We went to the Venetian to eat at Bouchon. After our meal at Per Se, hubby had begged me to make reservations there. Bouchon is more a cafe/brasserie type restaurant, compared to Per Se which is refined, jackets only. It was a very relaxing night sitting outside in their rooftop terrace, in 70 degree weather (a far cry from NYC). I ordered a cuttlefish salad and Moules with Frites. Hubby had a rabbit appetizer and a beef special(?). Everything tasted very good.I thought I would love the Venetian , since it's a lifelong dream for me to go to Venice. But somehow it felt more like a bad caricature of the real Venice, like New York New York was a sad, SCARY version of New York. Anthony Bourdain is right in his Vegas episode of No Reservations, there should be signs for native New Yorkers to stay away from New York New York. It's quite a traumatic experience. I think what also turned me off from the Venetian was that they were blaring Phantom of the Opera music from every crevice of the hotel (but thankfully not at the Bouchon), a promo they were doing. I'm a huge fan of the musical, but a person can only take so much.
So, while hubby was at the blackjack tables, I went shopping inside of the Wynn and the huge mall across the street, the Fashion Show. I also spent some time at the Wynn pool. I regretted not finding the pool earlier, it was gorgeous. Because the pool was very long, they arranged the chairs so it felt very private. One could lounge around in the sun reading a magazine, thinking you were completely alone.
We also did some touristy things: ride the monorail and go to the Stratosphere. The Stratosphere was very old. with corny shops inside, but once on top, the view was breathtaking. We didn't try the amusement rides though. They looked terrifying. Next time, I will not buy a powerpass, save your money, their venue list is very small. But I will stay at the Wynn again, catch a show (Cirque du Soleil's O), watch the Bellagio water show (I can never get enough), lounge by the pool and eat more good food.



No comments:
Post a Comment