
The Marianne Short Cardigan (from Rowan 37) is finally done! I was worried about the sleeves, since I turned it into short sleeves instead of mid-sleeves. I did use an existing short sleeve sweater to measure, so it wouldn't be too far off. The torso area is still a little short for my taste, even though I have added at least 10 cm to the pattern. But, my suspicion is the sweater tends to scrunch upwards. The sleeves were set in. Everything was sewn with the back stitch, with tapestry needles. I hate the finishing part, my sewing skills are really not up to par. But all in all, I love it. It's so soft, so comfortable, I can sit in it all day drinking a cup of tea.

I bought the buttons today from Greenberg & Hanmer Inc (24 W 57th Street, Manhattan). They're a dressmaker supply shop, they have a huge selection of buttons and sewing supplies. They were supposedly recommended on Martha Stewart today (I heard this from a shopper there).

I should have waited for hubby to help me take pictures, but I was too excited! Also it is as dark as ink outside (rain), so the lighting is horrid.


No comments:
Post a Comment