Orenji8 Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mangia! Mangia!

First a shout out: Congratulations Wendy and Joe on your second child! I am so happy for you. Welcome to the world, lil' Sydney!


After many, many baby knits, I finally got back to my baby last week, the Marianne Cardigan. Here is the finished back. It is so soft (kidsilk haze=mohair + silk)! It is worth all the effort of frogging slippery, thin yarn. I have started studiously on the left front, which looked WAY too small for me. I was happy to read that I will be adding a ribbed border on the outside and then a crochet edge, that should make it more normal sized. I plan to make the cardigan short sleeved rather than mid-sleeved as shown in the pattern. It's awkward to put on a mid-sleeved cardigan, it always bunches up. I made the cardigan longer than specified (in the torso area). Despite my sporadic romps at the gym, I don't have flat abs. So I'm not going to flash them any time soon. Should I be alarmed that I used up 8o% of 1 ball of yarn for the back, when the whole pattern calls for 4 balls of yarn? Something doesn't seem to add up.



I also cooked every day last week. I indulged my husband and let him have Italian. I used the Silver Spoon recipe book. The photo is of the Chicken Ratatouille, which took a billion chopped vegetables (1 whole hour of cubing), frying chicken in a pan (oil is EVERYWHERE still) and waiting 2 hours for everything to cook. It was good, but not as good as I imagined. Much better was the Steak Pizzaiola. It tasted orgasmic, according to Jon. I'm lazier and grumpier this week, I blame PMS, so I haven't cooked yet. Jon claims it's nothing new, I am grumpy and lazy every day (hardy-har-har! let's see if you get Steak Pizzaiola anytime soon).

2 comments:

just r said...

Oooh, exciting! I wanna see a picture of the steak pizzaiola!

Orenji8 said...

I couldn't take a picture of it, it was gobbled up too fast by the hungry husband. It's really not as photogenic as the chicken dish. It's 4 pieces of round steak in tomato sauce. The flavor is inexplicably very good though.