Orenji8 Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Teddy!



So, I finished my knit teddy a while ago. I try to imagine their personalities and figure what type of faces, and clothes they would enjoy. I made pants for him from some firefly print fabric I found on Sewzanne's Fabrics. The green chinese clasp button is from Pearl River.

So now that I described part of the planning involved in making these stuffed animals, imagine my horror to hear the recipient's mother describe to me in full detail how her infant abhors stuffed animals (and all conventional toys), the night before I was supposed to give Teddy away. I begged hubby to let me to keep Teddy and purchase the lil' squirt a musical toy. But Jon told me that I should just give him away and hope for the best. So, I met up with Bing + Ming this Saturday for Dim Sum and gave Teddy to Marcus (their adorable 1 year old). They did not unwrap the present there, so I didn't see their reaction. Bing (the mom) left me a message that Marcus loved the toy and was holding him while drinking his milk. I didn't quite believe it, but it made me feel better. :)

No comments: