This weekend was my cousin Pam's wedding. It was held at the Queen's Botanical Garden and the reception was at Linden Place. She's a very lucky girl (and not only because she married Marc). This Saturday was the coldest, gloomiest day this month. Right before she walked down the aisle, we all felt raindrops, but it didn't rain. It was the most collaborative wedding I have been to, where a lot of my family members were directly involved. My sister was a last minute matron of honor, Jon and I manned the reception tables. She looked beautiful and so happy that day.On the knitting front, I have been making swatches for a circular shawl from A Gathering of Lace with my Rowan Kidsilk Haze yarn in Caramel (I have ~10 balls left). But, I realized I had a UFO (Unfinished Object) that was a shawl (a long rectangular one). I think I was 30% done. It's the feather and fan shawl from Folk Shawls. See the picture below. Why am I starting another project? I do indeed have knitting ADD.

Jenna told me a while ago, it looks old due to the color combination. Thank goodness, she was honest, or else, I would be stuck with an item I hated. So, I frogged it (unravelled the whole thing). It is approximately 80", so that took a while. I decided to make the triangular version of the shawl only in white yarn, with the same feather and fan border at the bottom.If this shawl turns out to look like grandma's shawl too, I'll just give it to my grandma. She has crocheted me a lot of things.



No comments:
Post a Comment