
A perfect day for me would begin with sleeping in as much as possible, probably past 11AM, leisurely waking up, reading if I felt like it. Washing up and heading somewhere fun for lunch/brunch. Today we went to Tea and Sympathy, where I had the cream tea (scones with clotted cream and a pot of peach tea) and the Queen Victoria Spongecake (more clotted cream and jam). Hubby had chicken pot pie and some ginger beer (not real beer, more like really strong gingerale). The wait is always long, and the place is tiny, but ever since my friend Wen brought me there, I have loved it. There is something that feels like home about it. Then we roamed around Chelsea Market and bought groceries, like giddy newlyweds playing house. More importantly we bought Fat Witch Brownies and Ronnybrook milk to go along with it.
Hubby's perfect day would probably end with him watching Star Trek, eating some homemade pasta, and then following it up with a crazy movie, Kill Bill (check, check and check). I made some orecchiette with broccoli rabe, sausage and tomatoes. I modified the broccoletti stufati (braised broccoli) recipe from the Silver Spoon Cookbook. The hot sausage was fresh, so it really pulled the dish together. Now if only the weekend could be longer...that would indeed be perfect.


No comments:
Post a Comment