Print O' The Wave StoleI started the Print O' The Wave Stole. It's a free pattern from See Eunny Knit. I am making the pattern in Rowan Kidsilk Haze (the same yarn for my Marianne Cardigan, in the same color). I am knitting it in the laceweight version on size 1 needles. This pattern calls for an invisible cast-on. I chose to crochet the chain cast-on (see top picture). I learned it from The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques. Basically, this cast-on is meant to be removed later on, so you can have live stitches. This is great when you have edging you have to knit later, or you want to continue on the bottom with a different pattern.
I started this project, a little before I started at Hello Bank. I knitted 4 pattern repeats (48+ rows) and realized I had dropped a stitch in the middle. So in my usual crazy style, I frogged it and started over again. That is why the yarn in the invisible/chain cast on in the top picture is a different color than the one in the second picture. Now, I have worked my way back to 4 pattern repeats again (48+ rows). Only 1 dropped stitch so far, a ssk (slip, slip, knit) on the edge I missed, I can fix that, so no major frogging (yet).
I started this project, a little before I started at Hello Bank. I knitted 4 pattern repeats (48+ rows) and realized I had dropped a stitch in the middle. So in my usual crazy style, I frogged it and started over again. That is why the yarn in the invisible/chain cast on in the top picture is a different color than the one in the second picture. Now, I have worked my way back to 4 pattern repeats again (48+ rows). Only 1 dropped stitch so far, a ssk (slip, slip, knit) on the edge I missed, I can fix that, so no major frogging (yet).
On December 6th, hubby and I were invited to watch the free screening of the Mezamashi Movie "Wanko the Movie," at the ImaginAsian theater. It was a Japanese movie stringing together stories about a day in the life of several dogs. There were English captions, that was the only reason why we could understand the movie. My favorite vignette was of Otama, a dairy farmer's dog who lived in Hokkaido. She was very spirited, even though her daily life was very hard, due to the work and the harsh climate. I cried through the story about Lucy, the Shinto shrine dog. She was a survivor, and that moved me. Hubby couldn't help but be embarrassed that I was sobbing through half of the movie. I thought he would be used to it, I tend to cry through A LOT of movies. There were some quirky, funny stories too. There was one story about a little dog who loved the cooked clams from her owner's lunch bowl. No, not to eat, but to rub on the floor with her cheek, put it in her mouth again, and rub and roll over again and again. :) The best part was after the movie, the director Shinsuke Uetsuhara was there to answer questions.





No comments:
Post a Comment