
With about 1 month left to my due date, I am feeling the pressure to complete my baby craft projects. I started this crochet rattle project months ago. As I mentioned before, I have not been able to concentrate much during pregnancy. I found crochet easier than knit projects, it just seemed faster. The form for the rattle is from this amigurumi book. I used leftover Sirdar's Snuggly yarn with a crochet hook size E 3.5 mm. The project was stalled mostly because I couldn't figure out what would make the rattle sound. I was hoping to use an empty Kinder Surprise egg or plastic Easter egg and fill it with rice. After months of looking, I found the Egg Cha Cha in a nearby toy store and it was a perfect fit for the bottom of the body. It sounds like an egg shell filled with sand. Then I couldn't figure out how to crochet the ears, I finally had to knit them. For some strange reason, the bear seemed amused to me, so that's how he got his expression. Doesn't he look jolly?


No comments:
Post a Comment