Orenji8 Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Silver Lining

It has been a pretty tumultuous past few months, lots of work and personal happenings. Middle Bank announced the sale of our department last December, and we all waited anxiously for the close. Soon it became pretty apparent that the new buyer was not going to offer us jobs. I spent my days consoling upset/crying coworkers, while feeling numb and at times suddenly angry.

But there were 2 silver linings to this story:
  1. We found out during that time that we were expecting. :)
    It no longer mattered to me what happened to my job or when it would end. I had something much more wonderful to look forward to.

  2. Middle Bank was going to honor the Warn Act. They were going to give us 90 days notice for closing our group. Basically, this was "garden leave." I love this English term. I would be on call for 3 months, but not have to do any regular tasks.

I have been happily relaxing at home for the last 3 weeks, incubating.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to knit since my pregnancy, I am unable to concentrate. I did start the Hanami Stole a few months ago, but have not worked on it since. I'll share the beginnings of that in a later post.

No comments: