I teared up last night listening to Obama's speech, as president elect. It might have been the story he told of the 106 year old woman, I have a soft spot for older people, but I'd like to think I was overwhelmed by the moment. I had lost faith in the American people since they re-elected (W) Bush for another term, and I was bracing myself for another similar result, just hoping against it. But, I was not prepared for the jubilation I felt at the election results and how it restored my faith in America, as a whole.
Like everyone else, I have been suffering anxiety attacks. They have calmed down recently, thanks to hubby. It's been dreary, with the doom and gloom of the markets, the impending falling axe (layoffs) we all know are coming. My current employer, let's call them Middle Bank, moved our group to the Flat Iron District. It is a restrictive office environment, with silly rules, like "must not eat at your desk" (trust me, someone will report you). This was okay when the weather was warmer a month ago and I could sit in the park and enjoy a Shack Burger! And yes, it is as glorious as you've heard. The second best find was the JAS Mart across the street, my drawer is filled with Japanese groceries (Pocky, UCC Coffee, Bikkle). I am hoping no one reports my stash...shhhh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment