Orenji8 Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Another Decade...

Asakusa FishI was really surprised how many people came out and celebrated my birthday this year. I really felt loved. Turning 30 doesn't feel so bad, when you're surrounded by close friends and family.

It's way past my birthday, but I thought I would bore you with my thoughts on being old. I didn't have a big issue turning 30, because really in my mind I'm always 23. When I was 23, I swore I was 16. When I was 16, I was depressed and the most goth I've ever been, but you get the point. I really like this age, I'm comfortable with myself, my body, my career, and I think it shows. I would love to have the flat stomach I had in my 20s, but I'm married, no one looks at me anymore, seriously. The one thing I wish I could have accomplished by this age is run a marathon, astonishingly enough all my coworkers have. There's still time yet for that, maybe next year? Eh, who am I kidding, it's not going to happen.

I find that the only thing I obsess about now is my skin. I have always been told I look young, and I don't have any wrinkles yet. It runs in the family, my dad always looked 10 years younger, thank goodness for good genes! I hoard good moisturizers: L'Occitane, Shiseido and Fresh. The Avon Anew products my friend Jenna hooked me up with, have made my skin feel softer and look fresher than when I was in my 20's. Good moisturizers, I believe is the fountain of youth.

No comments: