
I bought two knitting books from Amazon: Knitting Lingerie Style and Victorian Lace Today. I thought it would be cool to knit lingerie, the book has patterns for stockings and a bed jacket too. Obviously, it's impractical, but the projects seemed different and fun (there are only so many sweaters and scarves to knit). Though, I am not sure I would model/share what I made from there, no one needs to see my love handles. I bought the Victorian Lace Today book, because I want to knit more lace items. I'm a little disappointed that the whole book is on shawls, I thought there would be other types of items in there. But, I really like the stories about past knitters and the Victorian era. I can easily see myself knitting a Rowan Kid Silk Haze shawl from there. Yes, I am addicted to Kid Silk Haze: the texture, the way it looks, the warmth.
Speaking of Rowan Kid Silk Haze, I finished the first half of my Print O' the Wave Stole. I can see once blocked, it would be beautiful. I had a few rough starts on the second half and after frogging 5 times, I just decided to leave the mistakes in there. The mistakes only mean it's homemade! So 12 more pattern repeats (of 12 rows) and a knit edging and I will have a nice soft stole.


No comments:
Post a Comment