Orenji8 Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Year of the Golden Pig!

Happy Chinese New Year!



We celebrated Chinese New Year with my in-laws on Friday night and Saturday morning, with my parents on Saturday night and Sunday morning. I am exhausted. Every day was a feast (9+ courses). All of the dishes and decorations with good homonyms. We saw the Chinese New Year Spectacular at Radio City Hall on Saturday night. It was terrible, it was amateur night for local New Yorkers with no real new year theme. Don't waste your money, unless you want to support the Fa Lun Gung Cult (which is the secret sect behind this show). Sunday morning we went to visit my grandmother, where my extended family (on my dad's side) gathers every new years. This is the first year we handed red envelopes out, and it was fun. As a kid, that's what you looked forward to. We even got a pair of red envelopes from my cousin Teresa. She gave it to us for being a newlywed.



I can't believe there are 2 layers in this tiny box.

My husband gave me a box of La Maison Du Chocolat truffles. They are a belated Valentine's Day gift. They are so tiny and so yummy! I had to close my eyes while eating them. When I let him try one, he had to sit down to eat it. It is so good...

No comments: