Orenji8 Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Half-Pint

moon bootsMe rocking my size 5 Tibetan moon boots, scored from Nordstrom.com

I'm a small person. I'm 5'1", so I always have trouble finding pants, dresses, let's face it anything that fits well, unless I find a petites section (yeah, good luck there). Sometimes even with a petite section, they assume I must be stick thin, cuz' I'm short...no those things don't necessarily go together. Many stores also don't carry shoes in my size, a 5. Shopping is always a headache and if I dare to complain, some woman will always put me in my place, "Yeah, poor you and your small feet, I wish I were a size 5." So, apparently I should rejoice that I have to spend hours scouring for 1 item that others can buy in a nearby store.

Today, I am searching for gym clothes, my 1 pair of petite gym pants shrunk in the dryer. No, I don't recycle pants (eeeew!), everything else is shorts, they fit. Don't even begin to tell me to go buy capris, I have capris, they don't fit right, because they aren't shaped for short people. And nothing good is ever on sale in my size, nope, I need to snap it up before some other small woman comes along, because they only made 2 of them. Wheew, thanks for listening to that rant.

Now, if you need to shop for petite workout gear (and be prepared being small is not cheap):
Size 5 Shoes, browse these sites:
Sites I regularly score decent petite clothes from:
Who said being short, means you have to dress like a 12 year old, thank goodness for the Internet. :)

No comments: