Orenji8 Blog

Monday, August 27, 2007

First Invasion

Space Invader Socks
I am done with the first Space Invader sock! That's hubby's foot there modeling the sock (my foot would be much, much smaller, and not hairy, trust me). He said it was quite comfy and it fit just right. Aija Goto's design is so much fun to knit. It will be fun to see the second sock, because it has a different pattern than the first sock. Socks knit up so quickly, talk about instant gratification.


Vogue Knitting Vogue Knitting Vogue Knitting
I bought the new Vogue Knitting magazine. The 25th anniversary issue is a great read, discussions with the expert designers in the field, the old guard and the new. I love that Debbie Stoller (of Stitch 'N Bitch fame) was one of the participants. One particular thing she said about knitting really rang true for me:

"...I always find that knitting and techie code things put my brain in exactly the same space. Knitting is a lot like ones and zeros: knits and purls, follow the lines and end up with something that becomes something."


The two designs in the photos on top are what I am contemplating knitting next. You can't make it out, but the James Coviello design (middle photo) has a really cool cable motif in the back. I love cabling, it's so much fun. I'm having trouble locating the yarn though, it's not the number it specified, so we'll see.

2 comments:

Veronique said...

Ooh, I'm making the James Coviello cardigan! I emailed VK, and they said that the # of balls of yarn is CORRECT. Doesn't make much sense, but they swear it's correct... I find that GGH Soft Kid is rather pricey, so I'm using Malabrigo, which I've been dying to knit with. And I'm getting gauge :)
Are you going to knit this?

Orenji8 said...

I was planning to make the cardigan. But due to some unforseen events, I don't think I will have time to. Please share how your cardigan turns out.